Comune di Capannori
Here we list some short comments about latest news about OAC and improvements of its instruments.
- Congiunzione Giove-Saturno 21 dicembre 2020.
- Disponibile guida per osservazione cometa C/2020_F3_NEOWISE.(in Italian)
compliance with the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers (DPCM)
of 4.3.2020 and following DCPMs concerning the measures to contrast and contain
the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus due to the COVID-19 pathology, having taken
note of the cancellation of all municipal cultural initiatives in Capannori and
found that, moreover, inside the OAC building there is no possibility to keep
users at a sufficient distance from each other, we decided to CANCEL AND
POSTPONE to a future date the public events that were scheduled for March 21th
and 22th and for April 18th and 19th at OAC.
- Starting from June 2016 until the end of maintenance,
the 60 cm f/9.83 Cassegrain reflector will be in maintenance. Stay
tuned (read this homepage) in order to know when it will became
- 2016 June 25th: installed a new Celestron 9x50mm RACI finder scope on the 20 cm f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain
- 2016 April: installed a new air-mass meter on the 60cm Cassegrain reflector
- Spring 2016: lots of technical trials at the 60cm Cassegrain
- Winter 2015-2016: lots of technical trials at the 60cm Cassegrain
- Autumn 2015: technical trials at the 60 cm Cassegrain
- 2015 September: installed a new support for the Takahashi Sky 90 finder scope on the 60 cm telescope.
- 2015 August: the faulty keypad of the 60cm telescope was repaired
Summer: some minor improvements to instrumentation owned by IRF (among
them there is the installation of a new red dot finder for the 60 cm
- 2015 June: Improvements of the polar alignment of the 60cm telescope with Bigourdan's method